In the state of Wyoming there are no state or county regulations in place that require an individual to receive a food handlers permit.
It is important to keep in mind though, that some employers or restaurant managers will require food handlers to complete training regardless of state jurisdiction.
The only certification the state of Wyoming requires is for a food manager.
Wyoming Food Manager Certification and Training
As of January 1, 2019, Wyoming requires that every establishment preparing foods must have a Certified Manager on premises.
So although a Wyoming food handlers permit may not be required for employees, it may be in your best interest to receive and pass the test for Food Manager Training.
Not only will this help you during your job application, but it will make you a safer and more well rounded employee.
Currently, Wyoming only allows Food Manager Certifications from the following list of ANSI accreddited providers:
- 360training: Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification Program
- AboveTraining/StateFoodSafety: Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) Exam
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals: Food Protection Manager Certification Program, International Certified Food Safety Manager
- National Restaurant Association: ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Program
- Prometric: Food Protection Manager Certification Program
Other Requirements That May Be Helpful:
- Good Communication Skills
- Being able to stand long periods of time
- Knowledge of basic food safety
For more information, please visit the Official site of Laramie County, Wyoming here.